Monday, April 20, 2015

Mama pumpkin

I recently completed a fun sculpture of a Mama Jack o' Lantern and her babies (pumpkin seeds). They are sculpted from paper clay over gourds. I had an incredible experience with one of the babies. I had gone outside to take pictures and left them on a table to go get my camera. Just as I was going to go out the door a mama robin flew up and picked up a piece of moss and flew off.  Seconds later the male flew up and took off with one of the baby pumpkins!  It was funny but kind of heart breaking as well.  hours of sculpting and painting go into each one.  He is now officially the adopted brother. These were featured in the March EHAG Emporium and are sold.  Thank you for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. These are absolutely delightful! I know I commented before on Facebook when you shared about the "adoption" but this piece deserves another shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Len. You are so sweet to leave such a nice compliment. I appreciate you taking the time to say something. It means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete